Wednesday, December 24, 2008

24 hours of Big Bear schedule up!



Granny Gear announces this year's 24 hour races. Well, I found my motivation for this winter's training rides. I really love the 24 hours of Big Bear. The race course is awesome; it has a little bit of everything. Big downhills, rock gardens, winding singletrack through pine forests. A big downside is the cost versus what you get in return. My perspective, if you don't have a good race, you just paid for a really, really expensive t-shirt.

If I go this year, I really want to get on a team of guys I know. Unfortunately, most of the guys I know from this area are really fast riders. I really would hate to be the slow guy on the team. I know someone has to be, I just don't want to be that guy.

The last two years, I joined groups from other states. One team was awesome, the other year was a bit of a disappointment. So, if I could motivate some of my buddies who are average riders, but want to go for the experience of it all, that would be my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment