Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cyclocross anyone?


So what do you do when fall race season is over? When you've hardly ridden in two weeks? When the temperature plummets and the snow falls? You enter a cyclocross race, that's what you do.

If all goes as planned, I've decided to race this local cyclocross race in Murraysville. I'm admittedly not a cyclocross racer, but the couple I've tried I really liked. Now, I don't know how much I enjoyed them at the time. Near unconsciousness and vomitting perhaps were the reasons. But for days afterward I would tell anyone who listened, and several that didn't want to, the play by play of the race.

I will be easy to spot at the race. I don't have a cyclocross bike (mtb might actually be a good choice anyway with this weather), I don't wear one of those bright colored race kits with all my sponsors' names on them (ok, no one sponsors me), and I don't have shaved legs. But I'll be trying to burn off some Thanksgiving calories all the same. Hope to see you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment